Financial success is only one gage of success for millenials with many placing marriage and parenthood far above career and financial success but are increasingly delaying or forgoing marriage but still having children.
However, despite the sharp differences by socio-economic status in marital and parenting behaviours, there are only minor differences by socio-economic status in values and attitudes about marriage and parenting.
- Adults with higher incomes and more education tend to be slightly less inclined than others to say that premarital sex and nonmarital births are always morally wrong.
- Those with a tertiary education are also slightly less inclined than the less educated to say it is very important for couples to legally marry if they plan to spend their lives together.
- Similarly, those with a tertiary education are a little more likely to say that a man or woman can lead a complete and happy life if he or she remains single.
There are no more than minimal differences by education or income when it comes to views about the impact on society of unmarried childbirths and of cohabitation.
- pewresearch.org/millennials: As Marriage and Parenthood Drift Apart, Public Is Concerned about Social Impact | Pew Research Center
- Millennials at work: Reshaping the Workplace, PwC, www.pwc.com/gx/en/issues/talent/future-of-work/millennials-survey
Tune in next week for more relationship ideas.
Simply click on the Register button below relevant to your relationship – it couldn’t be easier. Once you have finished the questions you should receive your comprehensive personalised report in about 30 seconds.
The Couple Checkup generates deep and productive conversations that couples would not otherwise have about their relationship. These conversations restore insight and understanding about one another. The Couple Checkup can help to revive a relationship and increase intimacy.
The Couple Checkup is an online couple assessment based on the PREPARE/ENRICH couple inventories. The Checkup assessment and Checkup report are designed to go directly to couples at any stage of their relationship (dating, engaged or married). The online system allows for dynamic customization of the assessment to each couple based on how the couple answers background questions. The goal is for the Couple Checkup to reach a more diverse group of couples, to empower couples to deal with issues on their own and to emphasize prevention over remediation.